Institutional Support #4
4. The institution has defined the strategic value of online learning to its enterprise and to its stakeholders.
Not Observed Insufficient Moderate Use Meets Criterion Completely
SJSU School of Information has made a complete commitment to high quality online education. The program is 100% online. There is no on-campus program. Online learning is critical to the School’s mission and stakeholders.
To provide a strong foundation for its online program, the School continuously implements and reviews its Strategic Plan. The mission, values, competencies of graduates, vision, and strategic directions (all documented online) focus on building the quality of this online program.
Students benefit from a fully online learning community, where they can complete their degree and participate in a broad range of learning opportunities, all without ever stepping foot on our campus.
- Academic advising
- Faculty office hours
- Career exploration resources and support
- Research assistant opportunities
- New student orientation
- Professional association student chapters
- Guest speaker presentations
- Post Master’s certificate program
- Open houses