Start your Application
Now you may start your application.
1. Campus: Select San Jose State
2. Location: Online
3. Delivery Format: Online
4. iSchool applicants choose ONE program from the available options, by clicking on the Plus Sign in front of the program:
Note: CalVet recipients or CSU Fee Waiver recipients must first read this information (http://ischool.sjsu.edu/programs/master-library-and-information-science-mlis/mlis-application-process), before selecting the program.
San Jose Graduate
• MLIS regular session (If you reside in the SJSU catchment area of US Postal Zip Codes 939xx - 958xx)
San Jose Extension
• MLIS Special Session (If you reside outside US Postal Zip Codes of 939xx - 958xx)
• MARA Special Session* (MS Informatics Fall 2019 applicants will will apply via the MARA program and in Quadrant 3 of the application will enter into the "Statement of Purpose" box: "Please redirect my application to the MS Informatics program". After submitting the application, send an email to Dr. Linda Main -School of information Associate Director -confirming your application for Informatics. Her email is: Linda.Main@sjsu.edu Your application will be redirected to the MS in Informatics program).
• Post-Master’s Certificate Special Session*
• Advanced Certificate in Strategic Management of Digital Assets and Services Special Session*
*Programs are only offered in special session. Open to all, regardless of geographic residence.
San Jose Credential
Library Media Teacher (If you reside in the SJSU catchment area of US Postal Zip Codes 939xx - 958xx)
Library Media Teacher Special Session
Teacher Librarian Credential Candidates are recommended to apply to MLIS rather than the Credential (http://ischool.sjsu.edu/programs/teacher-librarian/how-to-apply).
This example is showing an applicant about to choose the MARA program. Click the Plus Sign next to the desired program. (The selected program will turn green, indicating it has been chosen).
5. Check that you have selected the correct program and continue.
Now you will work through the application’s four quadrants.
Note: for those who apply to the incorrect session on Cal State Apply, their applications will be automatically changed to the correct session, based on residential zip code. There will be no notification from SJSU Graduate Admissions.