Questions For You to Ask
One important way to demonstrate your passion and interest for a position is to prepare a few good questions to ask the interviewer. This shows that you have done your homework and put some serious thought into what you need to know about this position or company. Remember, interviewing is a two-way street. While the interviewer is trying to get to know you, you too can ask questions to determine if this job will be a good fit for you. You will typically be given a couple of minutes at the end of the interview to ask 2-3 questions, so ask those that you feel are most important first. Some sample questions might be:
- What do you like best about working here?
- What would a typical day look like?
- In your opinion, what do you think is the most challenging aspect of this job?
- What would success look like after 3 months or 6 months in this position?
- In reviewing your organization's web site, I noticed _____________. How is that project progressing?
- What is the next step in the interviewing process?
- Feel free to add your own questions or borrow from the list above.