Working for a placement agency can be extremely beneficial and there are probably several agencies in your town or nearby city. There are also nationwide agencies that deal with temporary employment in multiple states. Either way, there should be plenty near you to choose from, some even particular to your specialty. Use the links below to begin your research.
- Taylor & Associates – specializes in direct hire, contract, and temporary assignments in special libraries, including corporate, law firms, government, medical, and some academic settings.
- LAC Group – recruits for direct hire, temp-to-hire, and contract positions in government facilities, federal libraries, corporate, law firms, and academic libraries and information centers.
- AIM Library and Information Staffing – posts positions for organizations and recruits for librarians and support staff to work in special, public, academic, school, government libraries and information centers.
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville – has a comprehensive page of links to recruitment agencies for LIS professionals.
- Library Systems & Services – LSSI – provides library outsourcing for new and existing libraries, as well as contract library services for Federal agencies.
- CACI – places IT modernization positions to the government in defense, intelligence, and homeland security areas.
- Special Counsel Information Governance – (previously TRAK Records and Library) provides information management professionals temporary staffing and direct-hire placement in law firms, medical organizations, corporations, and other businesses nationally.
- VOLT Workforce Solutions– provides temporary and contingent workers in the IT field.
- Review the iSchool Career Development workshop on Using Placement Agencies in Your Job Search