Agencies to Consider and Resources
Working for a placement agency can be extremely beneficial and there are probably several agencies in your town or nearby city. There are also nationwide agencies that deal with temporary employment in multiple states. Either way, there should be plenty near you to choose from, some even particular to your specialty. Use the links below to begin your research.
- Taylor & Associates – specializes in direct hire, contract, and temporary assignments in special libraries, including corporate, law firms, government, medical, and some academic settings.
- LAC Group – recruits for direct hire, temp-to-hire, and contract positions in government facilities, federal libraries, corporate, law firms, and academic libraries and information centers. Check out their booklet on careers for new MLIS graduates and alumni.
- AIM Library and Information Staffing – posts positions for organizations and recruits for librarians and support staff to work in special, public, academic, school, government libraries and information centers.
- Library Systems & Services – LSSI – provides library outsourcing for new and existing libraries, as well as contract library services for federal agencies.
- CACI – places IT modernization positions to the government in defense, intelligence, and homeland security areas.
- Special Counsel Information Governance – (previously TRAK Records and Library) provides information management professionals temporary staffing and direct-hire placement in law firms, medical organizations, corporations, and other businesses nationally.
- VOLT Workforce Solutions– provides temporary and contingent workers in the IT field.
Before checking in with any of these agencies, you’ll want to review the iSchool Career Development workshop on Using Placement Agencies in Your Job Search in order to make the most of your opportunities.