- the one-stop place for LIS employers to post career jobs.
- the one-stop place for iSchool students and Career Center Alumni members to post resumes and find full-time and part-time positions.
SpartaJobs Search Tips
How to search the SpartaJobs postings for LIS jobs:
- log in
- click on SpartaJobs tab; then click on Advanced Search tab
- for "Majors⁄Concentrations", pull-down and select Library and Information Science
- click the "yes" button for "Ignores jobs with 'All Majors' selected" [this is important]
- for "Job Category", select Library and Information Science
- click "Submit" at very bottom of page. This will bring up all the LIS postings
SJSU Spartan Staffing for Students/Alumni
SJSU Spartan Staffing for Students and Alumni is one more option you can add to your job search strategy. It works just like a placement agency matching employers and jobs with SJSU students and alumni. To participate, you must:
- Register with SpartaJobs and have uploaded a current resume
- Apply to the SJSU Spartan Staffing Web Portal
- Be willing and available to work within two weeks from applying
Job placement is not guaranteed and you will only be contacted if there's a potential job match.
Visit the SJSU Spartan Staffing web page for FAQ’s and more information.
Contact the SJSU Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.