- the one–stop, 24⁄7 Internet connection for LIS employers to post career jobs.
- the one–stop place for iSchool students and Career Center Alumni members to post resumes and find full–time and part–time career positions.
SpartaJobs Search Tips
How to search the SpartaJobs postings for LIS jobs:
- log in
- click on SpartaJobs tab; then click on Advanced Search tab
- for "Majors⁄Concentrations", pull-down and select Library and Information Science
- click the "yes" button for "Ignores jobs with 'All Majors' selected" [this is important]
- for "Job Category", select Library and Information Science
- click "Submit" at very bottom of page. This will bring up all the LIS postings
SJSU Spartan Staffing For Students/Alumni
SJSU Spartan Staffing for Students and Alumni is one more option you can add to your job search strategy. It works just like a placement agency matching employers and jobs with SJSU students and alumni. To participate, you must:
- Register with SpartaJobs and have uploaded a current resume
- Apply to the SJSU Spartan Staffing Web Portal
- Be willing and available to work within two weeks from applying
Job placement is not guaranteed and you will only be contacted if there's a potential job match.
Visit the SJSU Spartan Staffing web page for FAQ’s and more information.
Contact the SJSU Career Center at email@example.com with questions.