Graduation Ceremonies Spring 2018
San Jose State University is changing the way it will handle the onsite convocation in San Jose in Spring 2018.
We expect to receive information from the University in mid-November and will post it as soon as we receive it.
School of Information Celebration
The School of Information will host a virtual synchronous online celebration honoring all our school’s graduates, so that everyone will be able to join the celebration, regardless of where they live. This will be scheduled once we know when the onsite convocation is being held.
Virtual Convocation Website
A special online graduation platform was built with input from students and faculty and features graduate student profiles, degree presentations, graduating student award winners, and more. Visitors can search by graduate name and post congratulatory messages.
Students who received notice that their graduation requirements were met and their degrees were conferred for August 2017 or December 2017 are eligible to participate in the May 2018 convocation. If spring 2018 is your last semester, and you intend to graduate in May 2018, you will only be eligible to participate in convocation if the following requirements have been met:
- You have been advanced to graduate candidacy (an approved candidacy form is on file).
- You have submitted an Application for Award of Master's Degree for May 2018 graduation (this is not the same as the candidacy form) and received email confirmation from GAPE that it was received. See instructions here: Graduation Application Process and Forms
- You have completed INFO 289 e-Portfolio or INFO 299 Thesis
If you will be completing your degree during the summer 2018 term and graduating in August 2018, you will not be eligible to participate in May 2018 convocation.
Please contact the SJSU iSchool student services team, with any questions about the graduation application process, qualifications, and/or eligibility. Please email Sheila Gurtu if you would like iSchool staff to know the phonetic pronunciation of your name before it is recorded on the online graduation platform.
Student Profile Photo Submission Guidelines
Follow the instructions once you begin setting up your profile, but these are basic photo guidelines for your submission:
- A head shot of you (e.g., head and shoulders) Please no props, groups shots or full body photos.
- High-quality/resolution (minimum size is 260 x 173 pixels)
- JPEG/PNG/BMP photo file (Word documents, PDFs and PowerPoint Files cannot be accepted)
- Do not crop to alter your photo