King Library Orientation
The King Library at San José State University provides both print and electronic resources. The following information will help you learn to access the materials.
Watch the King Library Orientation:
- The library orientation includes four modules about getting started with library materials.
- King Library Web Site. One way to get to the library home page is to use the "King Library" link at the top of each iSchool web page. Or, go directly to library.sjsu.edu
- Library Online Tutorial for School of Information Students (LOTSS)
- Library Resources for School of Information Students. This page on the King Library Web site has contact information for our library liaison as well as other library departmental links and ways to get additional library materials.
Google Scholar Tutorial: Customizing Google Scholar
Online Databases. Databases containing full-text articles from journals and newspapers are available to students.
- Useful databases for iSchool classes - List of databases
- The log-in for library resources is the same as for Canvas.
- Help with connecting to databases: Contact the King Library's Student Computing Services Center for assistance. Call 408-808-2470 during library open hours or email.
Journals Search. Do you have a citation that you'd like to read online? This is the tool to use.
- Search for the journal title and follow the link to see which online databases includes the journal.
- Click on the link for the database listed in your results that appears to cover the date you need.
- Using the appropriate log-in, access the database and search for the article in your citation.
Contact info for Ann Agee, King Library liaison for the iSchool: Ann.Agee@sjsu.edu | Phone: 1-408-808-2033