IFLA LIS Student Writing Award
International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions LIS Student Writing Award
IFLA (The International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions) is the leading international body representing the interests of library and information services and their users. It is the global voice of the library and information profession.
The objectives of the LIS Student Writing Award are to:
- Encourage LIS students to submit papers regarding the current IFLA World Library and Information Congress theme.
- Reward the best LIS student paper submission for the IFLA Congress each year.
- Give LIS students the opportunity to take part in an IFLA Congress.
- Give LIS students the chance to learn more about IFLA activities.
- Prepare and encourage the new LIS Generation to participate in IFLA activities.
Eligibility: The target group is LIS students from all over the world, who are enrolled in a course of study for the "first professional qualification" (e.g. bachelor/graduate diploma/master) in the country of study. PhD students are not eligible for the award.
For application forms and more information, please see the IFLA webpage.