Feeling overwhelmed with all the rich information on ischool.sjsu.edu? Here's a short list of the many resources available to graduate students at the San José State University School of Information.
- New Student Checklists - This list is a must for every new student. We've compiled the necessary and recommended things you need to do before you begin your program. There's a student checklist for Master of Library and Information Science and Master of Archives and Records Administration students. Check off the items as you complete them, and you'll be well-prepared for the semester start.
- Student Memberships - Did you know new graduate students at the SJSU iSchool get free student memberships in professional associations? Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) graduate students have the choice of a complimentary one-year student membership in the American Library Association, Special Libraries Association, or American Society for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T). New students in the Master of Archives and Records Administration (MARA) degree program receive a one-year complimentary membership to Society of American Archivists (SAA) or Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T). These free memberships help new SJSU iSchool grad students familiarize themselves with the professional associations, reap the rewards of membership, and build their professional network.
- Writing Support - No one said grad school would be easy. Our school offers free writing workshops that cover writing techniques, APA style guidelines, and basic punctuation. Sessions are held online and recordings are available to access at any time. So, if you're up at 2 a.m. writing a paper, you can still get the help you need citing your web sources in APA style.
- Technology Support - All of our school's resources are focused on supporting online students, including a technology support team. Get the help you need for a variety of different technologies.
- Student Associations - SJSU iSchool students benefit from the opportunity to participate in our school's active professional association student chapters. Students interact with their peers and professional leaders through virtual networking events, workshops, and conferences, as well as blogs and online discussion forums. Our School offers student chapters of professional associations, including the American Library Association (ALA), American Society for Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T), and the Society of American Archivists (SAA).
See the left sidebar menu links for even more resources for SJSU iSchool students.