Alumni of the San José State University (SJSU) School of Information are a vital part of our global community of information professionals. We're proud of their accomplishments, as well as their willingness to mentor the graduate students enrolled in our Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) and Master of Archives and Records Administration (MARA) programs.
What Are They Doing Now?
Learn more about the myriad ways SJSU iSchool alumni are engaged in our school's online learning community, as well as the broader library and information science professional community.
- Check out the Alumni Career Spotlights and find out where they are working. Many alumni also welcome informational interviews from current SJSU iSchool graduate students.
- Read alumni stories highlighting their accomplishments.
- Discover our graduates' diverse and exciting careers.
- Meet the 2012 Master of Archives and Records Administration graduates.
We encourage SJSU iSchool alumni to take advantage of the following lifelong learning opportunities:
- Take a graduate-level course through our i.School Open Classes program. This is a great professional development opportunity, where you can also earn college credit.
- Check out our school's massive open online course (MOOC) program.
- Take advantage of SLISConnect's "23 Things for iSchool Students and Alumni: Essentials for Success" – including a segment featuring free tutorials for professional development.
- Get involved with SLISConnect – a combined networking group for SJSU iSchool alumni and our current graduate students.
- View our free online colloquium presentations by some of the leading experts and innovators in the library and information science field – you can watch them live, or view recordings.
- Explore our online career development resources.
- View recordings of the inspiring sessions presented at the Library 2.013 Worldwide Virtual Conference, a global online conference co-founded by the San José State University School of Information.
- Host an intern, on site or online – an enriching mutual learning experience.
- Enroll in our fully online Post-Master's Certificate program – update your knowledge and explore emerging trends in library and information science.
- Connect with your fellow alumni and current SJSU iSchool students on Facebook.
Help Students Succeed
Alumni Newsletter Archives
The SJSU iSchool Alumni Newsletter highlights school news, profiles alumni accomplishments, and features upcoming events. All SJSU iSchool alumni are encouraged to stay informed by signing up for the Alumni Newsletter. The newsletter is sent about four times a year. You may read past issues of the Alumni Newsletter by clicking on the links below:
SJSU iSchool alumni may also be interested in the following university resources: