CSU Mentor Tutorial - Personal Information
Applicant Information –
- Select Social Security number (###–##–####) from the pulldown menu, re-enter Social Security number for security purposes. (Note: International students – leave the Social Security information blank if you do not have a Social Security number.)
- Select Date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy) from the pulldown menu, select sex from the pulldown menu, Place of birth – Select City from pulldown menu, select U.S. state/territory from pulldown menu, select Country from pulldown menu, enter year that you moved to the U.S. if you were born outside the U.S. (yyyy). (Note: International students – in the U.S. state/territory pull-down menu, select "Foreign country.")
- Citizenship – select Country of citizenship from the pulldown menu, select Citizenship status from pulldown menu. (Note: International students – for "Citizenship status," select "Other visa." For the visa type, type in "U." For the date the visa was issued, type in "01/01/2000.")
- Permanent Residence --If you live in California, choose your county. If not, enter your state/ territory and country.
- Languages – Enter your first language. Indicate proficiency in other languages that you have competancy in. Select your Reading proficiency, Writing proficiency, and Speaking proficiency from the pulldown menu. Enter years of instruction that you have been taught in English.
- Family Education, Income, and Size Information Select from the pulldown menu the highest level of formal education for your parent/guardian 1 and 2.
- Independent students only – answer the questions about estimated income, family size and dependents.
Click save and continue at the bottom of the page (outlined in green) to continue to the next section.
California State Residency Information
- What U.S. state/ territory do you regard as home? Select an answer from the pulldown menu.
- Do you claim California residency? Choose Yes or No.
- Have you lived in California continuously since birth? Choose Yes or No.
- If you currently live in California, list places you have lived before your present stay in California began. Enter U.S. state/ territory, country and dates mm/yyyy for each of the previous locations.
- California High School Attendance: Have you attended high school in California for three or more years? Choose yes or no.
- Have you graduated from a California high school, obtained a High School Equivalency Certificate issue by the California State GED office, or received a Certificate of Proficiency issued by passing the California High School Proficiency Examination? Answer yes or no.
Choose save and continue, highlighted in green.
- With regard to your ethnicity, do you consider yourself Hispanic or Latino? Choose yes or no.
- Regardless of your answer to the question above, please select below one or more of the following groups in which you consider yourself to be a member. Choose from among available choices. Select your reporting preference.
- Gender Information: Select your legally assigned sex.
- U.S. Military Information Answer military service questions.
Click save and continue, highlighted in green.