William H. Weare, Jr.
William is the Director of Public Services, Evans Library, Texas A&M University; he serves as a member of the Libraries’ management team and is responsible for planning, implementing, assessing, and promoting a wide array of both onsite and virtual public services for the Evans Library. Prior to this appointment, he was the Collection Development Librarian at Central College in Pella, Iowa (2004-2006), Access Services Librarian at Valparaiso University in Valparaiso, Indiana (2006-2010), and Access Services Team Leader at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (2010-2015). William is an active member of the Association of College & Research Libraries and the Library Leadership & Management Association. William is interested in faculty research practices, particularly how faculty locate, retrieve, and use information resources for research and writing—as well as how and where they store their research materials, how they manage their data, and where they publish their research.
Proposal Title: Faculty Research and Publication Practices in the Sciences, Social Sciences, and Humanities: A Qualitative Study
San José Supervisor: Mary Bolin
- Graduate Certificate, Nonprofit Management, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, 2009
- MA, Library Science, University of Iowa, 2004
- BFA, Painting, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 1999
- BA, English & History, University of Massachusetts Boston, 1988
Current or Most Recent Position:
- Director of Public Services, Evans Library, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas