Research Profile: Dr. Ziming Liu
Dr. Ziming Liu
Statement of Research Interests & Experience
I am currently doing research on information-seeking and use.
Possible PhD Thesis Topic Areas
- Digital libraries
- Information behavior in the electronic environment
Ten Representative Publications
- Liu, Z. (2008). Paper to Digital: Documents in the Information Age. Westport, CT: Libraries Unlimited.
- Liu, Z. & Huang, X. (2008). Gender differences in the online reading environment. Journal of Documentation, 64(4), 616-626.
- Liu, Z. (2006). Print vs. electronic resources: A study of user perceptions, preferences, and use. Information Processing and Management, 42(2), 583-592.
- Liu, Z. (2005). Reading behavior in the digital environment: Changes in reading behavior over the past 10 years. Journal of Documentation, 61(6), 700-712.
- Liu, Z. (2004). Perceptions of credibility of scholarly information on the web.Information Processing and Management, 40(6), 1027-1038.
- Liu, Z. (2004). The evolution of documents and its impacts. Journal of Documentation, 60(3), 279-288.
- Liu, Z. (2003). Trends in transforming scholarly communications and their implications. Information Processing and Management, 39(6), 889-898.
- Liu, Z. & Hart, P. E. (2003). Trust in the preservation of digital information. Communications of the ACM, 46(6), 93-97.
- Liu, Z. & Stork, D. (2000). Is paperless really more? Rethinking the role of paper in the digital age. Communications of the ACM, 43(11), 94-97.
- Liu, Z. (1997). Citation theory in the framework of international flow of information: New evidence with translation analysis. Journal of the American Society for Information Science, 48(1), 80-87.
Professional Memberships & Related Matters:
I am a member of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (ASIST) and the Information Science Education Committee for the American Society for Information Science and Technology.