Students applying for admission to the SJSU iSchool do not need to take the GRE exam.
We are excited that you are considering applying to the San José State University (SJSU) School of Information! Our goal is to make your admissions process as straightforward and streamlined as possible. We encourage you to review the information provided in this section of our website, which covers how to apply to any of the online educational programs offered by the SJSU School of Information. If at any point in the admissions process you want additional information, we invite you to contact Vicki Robison, student services coordinator at the SJSU iSchool.
Application deadlines for each of our online programs can be found on the following web pages, along with admissions requirements and details regarding how to apply:
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) – Students can apply for admission for either the fall or spring semester.
- Teacher Librarian – Students follow the application process for the MLIS program.
- Master of Archives and Records Administration (MARA) – Students can apply for admission for either the fall or spring semester.
- Post-Master’s Certificate in Library and Information Science – Students can apply for admission for either the fall or spring semester.
- i.School Open Classes – Courses are offered during fall, spring, and summer sessions based on space availability.
- San José Gateway Ph.D. – Students are admitted once a year and begin the program in August.
Prospective students may also be interested in visiting the following web pages related to the admissions process and enrollment in our online educational programs: