The majority of our school's MLIS students choose to complete an electronic portfolio for their culminating experience.
Meet Our Students
Students enrolled in the fully online graduate programs at the San José State University (SJSU) School of Information live across the globe, residing in nearly 50 U.S. states and 20 countries. They pursue a diversity of career pathways, from collection development and reference services in libraries, to emerging jobs in other information settings, such as information architecture, information governance, and digital asset management.
Many SJSU iSchool students already work as information professionals and want to earn a graduate degree in order to expand their career opportunities and step into leadership roles. Other students are making career changes or enrolling in the graduate degree programs offered at SJSU School of Information shortly after completing their undergraduate degrees.
We invite you to learn more about our graduate students, including their diversity of interests, accomplishments, and career objectives.
- Browse our community profiles, a searchable collection of student stories, where you can hear from students about their experiences in our graduate programs.
- Chat with current SJSU iSchool students during our online open house events– attend a live web conference or view recordings.
- Check out our event calendar and join us at professional conferences, where you can connect with current SJSU iSchool students and alumni at our school's receptions.
- Visit the websites of our professional association student chapters and connect with student members on social media.
- Learn more about our MLIS graduate students' experiences and demographic data.
- Read what our recent MARA graduates have to say about our program, and explore some demographic data about MARA students, by browsing our summary of exit survey and alumni survey results.