Evaluation and Assessment #7
7. Program demonstrates compliance and review of accessibility standards (Section 508, etc.).
Deficient Developing Accomplished Exemplary
The California State University requires full compliance with Section 508.
- Web sites must be in full compliance.
- All videos are captioned. The iSchool uses a captioning service: Automatic Sync.
- All audio is transcribed.
- Panopto recordings are automatically captioned.
- We provide captioning during live web conferencing when we have a student who needs it.
- All hardware and software purchases have to pass CSU accessibility approval.
- Faculty textbook selections are completed prior to registration each semester. This provides the campus accessibility team time to convert textbooks to specific formats as needed.
Dr. Sue Alman oversees all captioning needs and provision of accommodations.