How To Apply For Endowed And Donated Scholarships
The SJSU School of Information offers several endowed and donated scholarships, and you may apply for as many scholarships as you wish. Please submit a separate application for each scholarship entry, and make sure to drop it into the correct drop box on the iSchool Advising and Administration site in Canvas. Do not fax your application to the iSchool.
Applications will be accepted between March 1 and March 30 for spring scholarships. Scholarships awarded in the spring will be dispersed toward a recipient's course fees for the fall semester.
The scholarship application includes a section for a written statement that you can enter directly on the form, or you may enter a URL that links to a blog post addressing the scholarship criteria. In addition, please be sure to include a URL to your short presentation in support of your statement.
You will need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat to download and complete this form online.
Follow the instructions below to successfully complete and submit your application.
- Click to OPEN the iSchool Scholarship Application [PDF].
- Do a FILE/SAVE AS to your computer desktop, and rename the Scholarship Application as follows: [YOURLASTNAME_YOURFIRSTNAME_STUDENTIDNUMBER_short name of scholarship].pdf. Select the correct SHORT NAME for the Scholarship from this shortnames list.
- Open this file from your desktop and, using Adobe Reader, TYPE directly into the Scholarship Application you see displayed on your computer screen.
- Now SAVE to your desktop. SAVE AS: [YOURLASTNAME_YOURFIRSTNAME_STUDENTIDNUMBER_short name of scholarship].pdf. Select the correct SHORT NAME for the Scholarship from this shortnames list (Same file name as step 2 above).
- Upload your form onto into the Scholarships & Awards drop boxes on the iSchool Advising and Administration site in Canvas. Select the appropriate dropbox for each scholarship entry.
QUESTIONS? Contact the Student Services Team.