SJSU Career Services for Informatics Students
Students enrolled in the MS in Informatics program are encouraged to make use of the career services available to them. The San José State University Career Center offers career counseling, interviewing guides, job search tips, and several apps focused on career development.
Meeting Options and Hours of Availability
- 1:1 Appointments
- By appointment, Monday-Friday, 9:00 am. – 4:30 p.m.
Online Career Support
- Career Assessments: http://www.sjsu.edu/careercenter/students/explore-majors-careers/index-1.html
Job Search, Resume, & Interviewing Guides, including
links to VMock & Big Interview: http://www.sjsu.edu/careercenter/students/launch-your-career/index.html
- Includes a guide specifically for graduate students: http://www.sjsu.edu/careercenter/students/launch-your-career/Guide_GraduateStudents.pdf
Career Center Apps: http://www.sjsu.edu/careercenter/students/career-apps/index.html
- LinkedIn Learning – Online non-credit video courses taught by industry experts in software, creative, and business skills.
- GoinGlobal – Global job postings and career support
- Biginterview – Interview practice
- Vmock – Resume feedback
- SJSU2 - Mentoring and meetups
- Focus 2 - Assess your career planning readiness, work interests and personality type.
- SJSU Handshake – Jobs targeted to SJSU students