scorecard evaluation and assessment 7
7. Program demonstrates compliance and review of accessibility standards (Section 508, etc.).
Deficient Developing Accomplished Exemplary
The California State University requires full compliance with Section 508.
- Web sites must be in full compliance.
- All videos are captioned and audio is transcribed. The iSchool uses a captioning service: Automatic Sync.
- The Panopto tutorial checklist for faculty indicates that it is mandatory for recordings to be captioned. The link provides instructions on using the Automatic Sync captioning service.
- Zoom Web Conferencing Account Set Up - Instructions are provided to all faculty, staff, and students on the account settings to enable live transcription and captions in their Zoom sessions and recordings.
- We provide captioning during live web conferencing when we have a student who needs it.
- All hardware and software purchases have to pass CSU accessibility approval.
- Faculty textbook selections are completed prior to registration each semester. This provides the campus accessibility team time to convert textbooks to specific formats as needed.
Dr. Sue Alman oversees all captioning needs and provision of accommodations.