scorecard student support 10
10 Policy, processes, and resources are in place to support students with disabilities.
Deficient Developing Accomplished Exemplary
Physical or Learning Disability
Student with concerns about learning disabilities can register with the Accessible Education Center (AEC) which works with online students as well as on campus students.
If the AEC determines that an accommodation is required, a member of its staff notifies the faculty member teaching the class.
Web Site and Technology Compliance
The California State University requires full compliance with Section 508.
- Web sites must be in full compliance.
- All videos are captioned. The iSchool uses a captioning service: Automatic Sync.
- All audio is transcribed.
- Panopto videos are automatically captioned.
- We provide live captioning during synchronous web conferencing sessions when we have a student who needs it.
ADA Compliance in Purchasing
All hardware and software purchases have to pass California State University accessibility approval. Products that are used by students must go through VPAT.
Faculty must provide textbook information at least 2 months before classes start in order to allow for students to obtain textbooks in a variety of formats. Textbook selections are reported to the university and they are posted on the school’s web site, on the university bookstore site, and within MySJSU prior to registration.