Online Presentation Tools
Using an online presentation tool allows interns and site supervisors alike to create professional digital presentations that can easily be shared with a URL. Many of these services are also collaborative, allowing multiple people to edit the same presentation.
- Empressr allows users to create web-based slideshows that include text, images, audio, and video. With a variety of advanced editing options, Empressr presentations can be versatile and professional. Finished presentations are stored on the company’s servers and can be published on the Empressr website, embedded onto another website, or shared with a link.
- A component of the Google Drive service, Google Slides is a collaborative online service that allows multiple users to work together on the same slideshow. Presentations are easily accessible online and can be quickly shared with a simple link.
- Jing is a tool that allows users to take photos of their computer screens (screenshots) or record videos up to 5 minutes long (screencasts). Screenshots and screencasts can easily be shared through email or by embedding them into an existing website.
- A cloud-based presentation tool, Prezi provides users with a unique alternative to the typical slideshow presentation. Collaborators work together in real-time to embed text, images, videos and files and then designate a zoomable path to move viewers through the final product. Presentations can be published on the Prezi website, embedded onto another website or shared with a simple link.
- SlideRocket is a dynamic online presentation program that provides access to a wide variety of professional design tools. Users can easily incorporate multimedia aspects such as YouTube videos, Flickr photos, and plug-ins from Yahoo! and Twitter. Multiple people can collaborate on a single presentation and finished products are easily shared with a URL or embed code. In addition, SlideRocket analytics allow users to measure the effectiveness of the presentations they create.
- SlideShare is an online presentation hosting site. With SlideShare, users can upload any previously made presentation (PowerPoint, OpenOffice, Keynote) and quickly embed it onto a website or share it with a link. PDF files, documents and videos can also be uploaded and shared using the SlideShare website. In addition, SlideShare has a SlideCast feature that allows users to combine slides and audio into one online file.
- A variety of file types, including video, audio, PDF and PowerPoint, can be incorporated into a VCASMO online presentation. Users can set permission controls for individual presentations and each finished product can be either embedded on another website or shared via a URL.
- Zoho Show is an elaborate online presentation creation tool. Previously made slideshows can be imported and edited, or new slideshows can be made using the templates provided by Zoho Show. A variety of advanced features are available for the creation of professional online presentations. Finished products can be embedded or shared via a URL.