Academic Reading Resources
One of the best ways to learn to write for an academic audience is to read academic literature. The following resources provide guidelines on how to do this effectively.
- College of St. Benedict's Remembering What You Read
- Cornell University's Critically Analyzing Information Sources
- Cuesta College's Academic Support Guides for Reading Comprehension - 12 guided pages of academic reading help.
- Reading Your Textbooks Effectively and Efficiently - Links to articles on reading myths, 5 strategies for academic reading and where to read.
- How to Improve Reading Skills (Video)
- Penn State University's So Your Students Aren't Reading?! - By Suzanne C. Shaffer
- San José State University iSchool's Reading Academic Literature Strategically [PDF: 6 pages] - By Prof. Anthony Bernier
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Reading to Write
- Washington University's How to Read an Academic Article - By Becky Rosenberg, PhD. One short, concise, but excellent page of reading strategy.