- Get a headset or microphone. A headset/microphone combination is best. Read more about recommended equipment. Plug in your headset and proceed to step #2.
- Go to the Configuration Room (v. 12.6 US-SAS) on the Blackboard Collaborate Checking System Requirements page (see step #2 on the page). You'll test your audio here. Be sure your microphone is plugged in.
- If that page reports that you do not have Java installed, go to www.java.com to download and install the Java Web Start. Don't worry--they make it easy!
- Review the What to Expect when Connecting to Blackboard Collaborate guide.
Having problems getting connected? Check the FAQ first, then contact Blackboard Collaborate Technical Support at 1 (877) 382-2293. Alternatively, you may also conduct a 'Live Chat' session with a support technician, or submit a support ticket, by visiting the Blackboard Collaborate Technical Support site.
Mac user having connection problems? Check the FAQ re Java update for Mac OS.
How things work
View, download or print out the Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing Guides:
- Blackboard Collaborate Getting Started for Participants Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- View the Web Conferencing Participant Orientation (Video - 7 minutes). Note: An alternate version with an interactive transcript is available on YouTube. To view the full transcript, click on the Interactive Transcript button .
- Students with accessibility needs may wish to review the Accessibility Guide for Participants (HTML) or Accessibility Guide for Participants (PDF).
Additional information for participants can be found in the Blackboard Collaborate On-Demand Learning Center.