Advanced Certificate in Digital Assets and Services
With an Advanced Certificate in Strategic Management of Digital Assets and Services from the San José State University (SJSU) School of Information (iSchool), information professionals will have the practical skills needed to integrate and manage an increasingly complex body of content like born digital, newly digitized, and Web 2.0 models of user-generated content, and make all of it accessible to users.
Convenient 100% Online Learning
All courses in the Advanced Certificate in Digital Assets and Services program are delivered fully online. SJSU School of Information faculty members are experts in online teaching and use emerging technology in their courses to enrich student learning in the school's award-winning online learning environment.
Advanced Certificate Pathways
The SJSU iSchool’s Advanced Certificate in Digital Assets and Services program addresses the hybridization of face-to-face services and print material with digital content and digital services in library and information environments. Three pathways are offered, providing a high level of optionality and customization to fit individual interests, changing job responsibilities, and career goals. Students select three courses (nine units) from one of the advanced certificate program's three pathways.
- Digital Asset Management – Courses focus on digital content management, digital curation tools and services, and new digital media characteristics.
- Information Governance, Assurance and Security – This pathway concentrates on the governance of digital information and data in organizational and networked contexts.
- Data Analytics and Data Driven Decision Making – Students learn how to harness big data, visualize information, and use social media for competitive and company research.
Program Learning Outcomes
Although students may select different pathways depending on their professional needs, the program has two overarching program learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate proficiency in identifying, using, and evaluating current and emerging information and communication technologies to connect individuals or groups with accurate, relevant, and appropriate information.
- Apply the fundamental principles of planning, management, marketing, and advocacy to the selection, evaluation, organization, curation, and security of physical and digital information items.
Are You a Current MLIS or MARA Student at the iSchool?
If you are a Special Session student currently enrolled in the Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) or Master of Archives and Records Administration (MARA) program, you can earn both your master’s degree and advanced certificate from San José State University! (Regular Session students who would like to take advantage of this opportunity may switch to Special Session once they have completed 22 units in their degree program.)
You may apply the required units within your preferred advanced certificate pathway to the master's program requirements. There are no additional admissions requirements or fees. Learn more.
Are You Looking to Quickly Gain Practical Skills to Help You in Your Job?
If you are looking for a continuing education program to quickly gain strategic practical skills that will help you manage the increasing variety of digital assets and services, the Advanced Certificate in Digital Assets and Services program may be the perfect next step in your learning journey. The nine-unit program is open to anyone with a bachelor’s or master’s degree and can be completed in just two semesters! Learn more.