Prospective MARA Students
The exclusively online Master of Archives and Records Administration (MARA) program at the San José State University (SJSU) School of Information (iSchool) makes it possible for students to live anywhere while they earn a graduate degree in the rapidly expanding fields of information governance and corporate archives.
Advanced Technology Skills
MARA students learn to use sophisticated technologies to organize, preserve, and provide access to a growing volume of digital and analog assets. Graduates of the SJSU School of Information's MARA online degree program will be among the few information professionals specifically trained to manage the irreplaceable, yet highly vulnerable digital materials now produced by corporate, government, and nonprofit institutions.
Explore the MARA Website
We know it's important that prospective students have extensive information about our graduate degree program before making a decision to apply. With that in mind, we offer a wealth of information on our website and encourage prospective students to take the time to explore our site.
We recommend you read the important curriculum, admissions, and application information accessible from the left sidebar menu links, and also visit the following web pages to learn more about the MARA graduate degree program at the SJSU School of Information:
Review course syllabi, which provide details about the content of MARA courses.
See textbooks required by MARA instructors.
Learn about the opportunities for hands-on professional projects and internships to gain practical experience.
We invite you to attend an online open house or explore the SJSU iSchool website and learn more about how the fully online MARA program can help you achieve your educational and career goals:
- Explore the value of a MARA degree.
- Compare an MLIS degree with a MARA degree.
- Discover 10 reasons to earn a MARA degree.
- Take a look at the Archives and Records Management Jobs Analysis report.
- Read about MARA students and faculty, who are recognized experts in the field of information governance.
- Check out the Archives & Records Administration blog, including profiles of students and alumni.
- Learn more about what recent MARA graduates say about our program, and explore some demographic data about MARA students, by browsing our summary of exit survey and alumni survey results.
- Gain insight about MARA program courses and career opportunities for MARA program graduates by reading a post on our school's iStudent blog.
- View recorded presentations by MARA faculty and guest lecturers.
- Learn more about our Virtual Center for Archives & Records Administration.
- Learn more about our school's interactive online learning environment.
- Sign up to receive prospective student email announcements about our fully online MARA graduate program.
Questions? Please contact Dr. Pat Franks, MARA program coordinator. Dr. Franks will be glad to answer your questions about the MARA program.