CV Experience

Career Blog Jill-Klees

Q: I am currently enrolled in my final three credits towards my MLIS from SJSU. I’m working on my CV for a position at an academic library, and I have a question. I have been a graduate research assistant for a faculty member during this past school year. I was wondering if I should include this experience under my employment history, or under my education.

A: Include this position in your employment history or experience section and treat it as relevant work experience. Tailor it as much as you can to highlight and demonstrate the skills you want to show case to employers. Any experience that is related to the job you are seeking whether paid or unpaid is best listed in the employment history or experience section.


Post new comment