We encourage you to connect with San José State University School of Information students, alumni, and faculty on your favorite social media sites.
Stay connected with us on …
Our Facebook showcases many iSchool events, from conference receptions to faculty presentations to student meet-ups. You can also connect with current student and alumni groups, stay in the know about school and industry news, and interact with current students, alumni, faculty, and friends.
Follow our school on Twitter, and get the scoop on school news, events, job tips, career advice—basically all things library and information science that fit in 280 characters!
On our Instagram account, we feature news about faculty, students, and alumni, post stories about what’s going on in the world of libraries, informatics, archives, and tech, and share information about iSchool events, including symposiums, webinars, meet-ups and conferences.
Join the SJSU School of Information group on LinkedIn and connect with alumni, current students, faculty members, and colleagues. Start a discussion and hear what others are doing in the field. It’s a great way to make new connections and build your network. Follow our LinkedIn page. We also upload presentations our faculty members have delivered at various conferences and events to SlideShare.
We have own channel on YouTube! View presentations by our award-winning faculty and prestigious guests, watch informational videos, and learn more about our school’s sophisticated online learning environment through video tutorials. Check out our playlists. And be sure to comment on your favorite videos! Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
What interests you? You can check out pins highlighting current students and alumni, faculty bios, presentations, and publications. Our student associations are also very active in the library and information science community, and we created a board for them, too. Get inspired. Learn something new. Follow us on Pinterest.
You can also interact with faculty members, staff members, and students on our blogs, where posts cover subjects including careers and curriculum, registration updates, advising, and student organizations. Check them out:
- Career Blog – A must-read for job seekers, this blog covers career resources and shares job hunt tips.
- Center for Information Research and Innovation Blog – Here you’ll find posts by faculty members on a variety of topics concerning their research projects.
- Curriculum Center Blog– This blog is managed by Associate Director Linda Main and discusses curriculum developments, such as new courses, schedules, and important registration news and updates.
- iStudent Blog – This blog is designed for current students, as well as applicants to our school’s graduate programs. A current student hosts the blog and provides information and advice for students, including posts about new courses, careers, online learning, and financial aid.
- Master of Archives and Records Administration Blog – This blog is intended for prospective and current students, faculty members, and all colleagues interested in archives, records administration, information governance, and related fields. This blog is managed by Dr. Patricia Franks.
- Virtual Center for Archives and Records Administration Blog – Information about virtual world events sponsored by VCARA on iSchool Island in Second Life is posted to this blog managed by the director of online learning Bethany Winslow.