Master of Archives and Records Administration
The Master of Archives and Records Administration degree program at the San José State University School of Information prepares students for careers in the rapidly expanding fields of records management, corporate archives and information governance.
Students learn to use sophisticated technologies to organize, preserve, and provide access to a growing volume of digital and analog assets. Graduates of the MARA online degree program will be among the few information professionals specifically trained to manage the irreplaceable, yet highly vulnerable digital materials now produced by corporate, government, and nonprofit institutions.
“Our MARA program gives students the opportunity to study both the active records and the inactive records in the archival component of our profession. It makes them much more skilled when they graduate.” – Dr. Lisa Daulby
The MARA program was designed to prepare graduates to take both the Certified Records Manager examination administered by the Institute of Certified Records Managers and the Certified Archivist examination administered by the Academy of Certified Archivists. Read more about the MARA curriculum.
- Sign up for future student emails.
- Download our .
- Attend an online open house or watch a recording.
- Listen to podcasts featuring MARA faculty.
- Review the Archives and Records Management Jobs Analysis report.
- Discover online learning.
- Check out the Master of Archives and Records Administration blog.
- Contact Dr. Darra Hofman, MARA program coordinator.