Electronic Lists are topical electronic mail discussion groups in which you may participate as an active speaker or as a passive reader. You must subscribe to lists to receive the conversations and reply to the sender or to the entire list of subscribers.
The School of Information maintains two lists:
- ischool-share: A list dedicated to practical information sharing for iSchool students.
- ischool-alumni: A list dedicated to alumni interaction.
Subscribing to lists is optional.
Be selective when subscribing to lists. Some electronic discussion groups generate an enormous number of messages.
Important Note: The “slisadmin” mailing list was retired in November 2012. Administrative announcements are now being sent to all students via the iSchoolAlert notification system.
All active students are automatically added to iSchoolAlert and will periodically receive important administrative information via iSchoolAlert. All members of the iSchool student community are required to remain on iSchoolAlert. Please make sure that your email address in MySJSU is current, as that will be the email address at which you receive information sent via iSchoolAlert.
- Subscribing: To subscribe to a list, use the appropriate subscription form below:
- Subscribe to ISCHOOL-SHARE
- Subscribe to ISCHOOL-ALUMNI
- Unsubscribing: To unsubscribe from a list, send an email to [LISTNAME]+firstname.lastname@example.org where [LISTNAME] is replaced with the name of the list. For example, to unsubscribe from the ISCHOOL-SHARE list, you would send an email to: “email@example.com“
- Managing Subscription Options and Viewing Message Archives (Optional): Managing your subscription options and viewing the message archives requires you to have a Google Account. If you do not already have a Google Account, you can create a Google Account which is linked to your non-Google email address. Please note that this is optional. A Google Account is only required for certain tasks.
Sending Messages to the List
Messages to all subscribers of the list must be sent to the proper address. See instructions for sending messages to the list.