#FacultyFriday Spotlight: Matt Veatch
Published: September 28, 2018 by Katie Kuryla
The MARA Program Advisory Committee (PAC) welcomes a new member this semester. Matt Veatch, the State Archivist of the Kansas Historical Society in Tokepa, Kansas. He will be participating in the biannual meetings to advise on curricular issues.
Matt will be expanding our views of records and archives through the mid-west territories. As students and through our job report, we see a lot of job opportunities on the east coast and the west coast but what about our opportunities in the Midwest of America?
As a way to get to know the newest member of MARA PAC, I asked him a few questions. Check out his answers and welcome Matt Veatch to MARA PAC!
3 interesting facts about yourself that don’t have anything to do with school related topics?
- I live in an 1894 Queen Anne Victorian home that is on the National Register of Historic Places.
- I’m happily married to my high school sweetheart.
- I adore watching golf on television.
What is your favorite television show?
- Top Chef
Why did you decide to become a program advisory for the SJSU MARA Program?
- I’m intrigued with the program’s student diversity, innovative pedagogy, and archives focus.
Fun way to describe what your expertise is?
- I get to read other people’s mail.
What is your motto in life?
- Eat real food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
Do you have any hobbies?
- International travel – especially planning and preparing for international travel!
What is the last book your read?
- The Overstory by Richard Powers
What is your guilty pleasure?
- Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!
Welcome Matt! You can read about our PAC members on the MARA Program Advisory Committee page.