iSchool Outstanding Professor Award Form
General Faculty Eligibility
To be eligible for any of the six faculty awards, an individual must:
- Be a Unit 3 faculty member (must be full time tenure or tenure track faculty member for Outstanding Professor); and
- Not be retired (although retirement during the academic year does not forfeit eligibility for that year)
A. Purpose of the Award
To recognize a faculty member for overall excellence in academic assignment
In evaluating candidates for this award, consideration should be given to the criteria listed below. There is no set-weighting requirement, but it is highly recommended that the recipient have accomplishments in each of the two broad criteria categories set out below.
- Excellent teaching as demonstrated through SOTE scores, other student evaluations, peer evaluations, external reviews, etc.
- Teaches a variety of courses.
- Participates in professional and scholarly activities that enhance teaching ability and currency in the discipline.
- Serves as a mentor to other educational professionals.
Commitment to Students
- Advises students through student organizations, theses, and/or other projects.
- Participates in student orientation and advisement activities.
- Mentors students regarding career and professional considerations.
- Engages in service to the campus and/or profession that benefits students.