How to Copy a Canvas Course
This tutorial will walk you through how to copy a current Canvas course into another Canvas course shell.
What you need to know before you start:
- SJSUone Login Information
- Name of course you are copying
- Name of course you are copying to
- Log into your Canvas account: https://ischoolapps.sjsu.edu/canvas
- Select from your courses menu the course you want to import
- From the course navigation select the settings tab at the very bottom of the left side menu.
- On the right hand side of the settings area select the button
labeled “Import Content into this Course”
- From the Content Type drop down menu select “Copy a Canvas
- Next select from the second drop down menu the name of the
course you want to copy.
- Then select All Content
- If you haven’t already updated the course dates select Adjust events & due dates and enter in the corresponding dates; then Select Import
- You will be able to monitor the progress of the import under
Current Jobs (on the same screen). Once the import is complete
you will see a green “completed” sign & all of your content will
be set up in your course.
**If there are any errors you will be able to see what they are and where they are located after the import completes. **