Welcome to The Librarians’ Wellness Era: Trends for 2024
Published: January 18, 2024, by Loida Garcia-Febo, Health and Wellness Ambassador
New year, new resolutions. All librarians have goals. Some want to finish researching and submitting a paper, others want to design cool programs for library patrons. Usually, lists of goals for the new year include items such as performing well at work, researching, attending conferences, applying for grants, figuring out solutions, and having a sharp mind to deal with anything that comes our way.
How can we excel in meeting our goals? I believe it all comes down to our wellness status and the choices we have made to support our health. In this blog post, I look at what experts are declaring to be wellness trends for the year ahead.
- Forbes indicates that Sleep Tourism will be huge this year, with people traveling to places mainly to sleep and recharge. Doing nothing will be trendy. To clear our brain, we must clear our schedule.
- The AFPA, American Fitness Professionals and Associates, says Tech-Enhanced Sleep Solutions will put us to sleep better than ever. Smart mattresses and sleep tracking apps will be the main innovations.
- Cutting ultra-processed foods
- Plant-based eating and gut health will increasingly be central to how people decide what they eat.
- Stopping smoking and reducing alcohol will be on trend as people will be more intentional about how they stay healthier.
- AI Powered Precision Nutrition, meaning the data gathered by devices will be used to create algorithms to provide super specific individualized nutrition recommendations.
- Focus on Longevity
- Improving social connections
Selected Apps to join 2024 Wellness Trends: