Are you VR ready? If so… Be there Together 4/17/20
This is a 'group' event in Altspace and you must be invited.
Published: April 15, 2020 by Dr. Pat Franks
Not all Virtual Reality Platforms are alike. This year has been one of exploration for the “Friends of VCARA.”
AltSpace is one of the platforms high on our list for a number of reasons:
- Easy to use for free
- Basic Avatars available
- Can set up groups at no cost
- Allows both voice and chat
- Tools provided such as ability to bring in web pages, share slides, use teleporters to other AltSpace locations
- Many events are planned daily that one can attend for free
AltSpace may not be the best choice for VCARA events/training/education, mainly because:
- It can only be used with PCs.
However, it’s a great place to visit and to establish a presence. Join us Friday, April 17, at 5 p.m. Pacific Time in AltSpace–starting in the CVL Group Commons. Caveat: You must be an invited member of the CVL or VCARA group. If you wish to join the AltSpace VCARA group, you must first join AltSpace–see: https://altvr.com/
Once you have an account, contact Dr. Pat Franks at firstname.lastname@example.org for an invitation.