The School of Information at San José State University is recruiting for a tenure track assistant professor in the area of Organizational Management and Behavior in Information Professions.
Applicants should have:
Experience in teaching 100% online courses in:
- Challenges and critical success factors of information service development.
- Strategic long term management and daily challenges involved in leading and supporting physical and digital library initiatives.
- Effective mediation between the users of information and the resources and information systems in specific organizational contexts.
- Best practices in library and information service strategic planning.
Performance measures that contribute to the effective development of library and information services.
Research interests in at least one of the following:
- Advocacy and advocacy metrics in the information professions.
- Decision making in the information professions.
- Management of globally distributed teams of information professionals who work in globally distributed online environments –both profit and nonprofit.
An earned doctorate must be completed by the time of application.
Applications close on February 14th 2018 Download/Read full job description and how to apply.