Call for papers — Records Management Journal
Published: April 2, 2016 by Anna Maloney
Message from Pat: You have written so much–especially those of you in 289 right now. The call is for anyone a student “at the time the call was issued” so those of you graduating in May do qualify. See if one of your papers fits into one of the categories listed in this letter. Edit it as necessary. Submit for publication. We would love to have a MARA student in this edition!!! Let me know if you decide to do this.
Records Management Journal – Themed issue call for papers
Fresh Insights: Student Research in Records Management
Editor: Fiorella Foscarini, University of Amsterdam
Guest Editor: Donald Force, School of Information Studies, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
The Records Management Journal invites submissions for a themed issue dedicated to emerging scholars who are engaged in original research broadly related to the area of records and information management. Students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate programs at the time of the issuing of this call are invited to submit papers based on course assignments, projects, theses, or other kinds of research work carried out as part of their education.
We welcome contributions about, but not limited to, the following themes:
· Concepts of record, document, information, archives
· Recordkeeping theories, methods, and practices
· History of recordkeeping
· Professional roles and skills
· Recordkeeping systems, technologies, and infrastructures
· Digital preservation and access
· User perspectives
· Organizational culture
· Personal recordkeeping
· Studies of textual and non-textual documents
· Contemporary perspectives on records, information, and archives
Students at all stages of their study who have done some research on issues that may be of interest to the Records Management Journal are invited to submit an extended abstract according to the instructions mentioned below.
· Extended abstracts (more info below): 1 May 2016
· Abstracts accepted and authors notified no later than: 30 May 2016
· Full paper submitted: 1 October 2016
· Review, revision and final acceptance: 28 February 2017
Extended abstracts should be a 500-word version of the Records Management Journal?s structured abstract, using the headings described in the author guidelines (http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/author_guideline…). Under the design/methodology/approach heading, please include the following as appropriate to the type of paper:
· (If it is a theoretical or conceptual paper) what is the approach to the topic? Briefly outline existing knowledge and the value added by the paper compared to that.
· (If it is a research paper) what is the main research question or aim? What are the research strategy and the main method(s) used?
· (If the paper is a case study) outline its scope and nature and the method of deriving conclusions.
Full papers (for accepted abstracts) should be 3000-7000 words (excluding references) and should be prepared using the RMJ guidelines, which can be read here:
http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/author_guideline…. Papers will be reviewed following the journal?s standard double-blind peer review process.