Internship with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Published: January 26, 2015 by Darren Ilett
The application deadline for this incredible internship is coming up soon: February 3, 2015. See details below.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is seeking two archival studies students or recent graduates for 13 weeks to work as interns on an archival arrangement and description project in its Geneva office. The internships will start in May and finish in late July or August.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– Appraise (in consultation with supervisor) records in storage to determine which should be transferred to the Archives.
– Arrange and describe the records, and enter the descriptions into a database.
– Assess the physical condition of the records and identify those requiring conservation treatment.
– Re-box and re-file the records.
– Be currently-enrolled in a university or equivalent level archival studies programme, or have graduated recently (normally within 1 year from the date of hiring) from a university or equivalent level archival studies programme.
– Be able to read French, as some of the records are only in French.
– A daily allowance is paid to interns for each day worked at the IFRC (75CHF per day worked).
– Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation, insurance and living expenses are the sole responsibility of interns themselves.
The short-listed candidates will be interviewed by telephone.
The deadline for applications is February 3, 2015.
Please note that the Human Resources Department will accept only on-line applications made through our web site. No consideration, and no response, will be given to email messages.