Bethany Winslow is the e-learning specialist for the San José State University School of Information. She works closely with Debbie Faires, director of online learning, to continually improve teaching and learning in the online environment for faculty members and students.
Prior to joining the School of Information in 2021, Bethany worked as an instructional designer at eCampus, where she supported faculty across the SJSU campus to integrate a variety of teaching technologies with the curriculum.
Bethany has been working with faculty members and alumni from the iSchool’s Virtual Center for Archives and Records Administration since 2018. She and her colleagues continue to leverage the power of virtual worlds and VR communities to share expertise on a variety of environments that can expand opportunities for distributed teaching and learning.
- Virtual worlds, VR, and online communities
- Digital literacy, citizenship and culture
- OER, creative commons and open design movement
- Master of Science, Education, Option in Online Teaching and Learning, California State University, East Bay (2016)
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, University of California at Santa Cruz (1996)
- Instructional Designer, eCampus, San José State University (San José, CA) November 2016 – February 2021
- Instructional Designer, Online Course Developer, Comcourse Inc. (Santa Cruz, CA) August 2013 – 2016