Research Profile: Geoffrey Z. Liu
Statement of Research Interests and Experience
I have a research background in information retrieval and systems design. I am currently investigating cognitive shifting in dynamic information retrieval and collaborative learning online. I also have research interests in data mining (applied in information processing and services) as well as virtual communities and group decision making.
Possible PhD Thesis Topic Areas
- Automated indexing and IR system design
- Behavioral and cognitive aspects of interactive information retrieval
- Virtual community and computer-mediated interaction
- Data mining applied in information processing and user study
- Collaborative learning online and group decision making
Representative Publications and Professional Activities
Refer to Faculty Profile and CV.