Research Profile: Mary Ann Harlan
Statement of Research Interests and Experience
My research interests are in the area of information practices; how people interact with information in a particular setting with an emphasis on a sociocultural lens (how the sociocultural context impacts the information practices of a community). I am particularly interested in populations related to rural areas, and youth. I am also pursuing research related to girls and their information practices while reading Young Adult fiction, as related to identity construction.
Possible PhD Thesis Topic Areas
- Information Practices of Teacher Librarians
- Information Practices of Rural Youth
- Digital Citizenship Development in Rural Communities
- Informed Learning in K12 Environments
- Information Practices of Artists
Representative Publications and Professional Activities
Refer to Faculty Profile and CV.