Research Profile: Mary Bolin
Statement of Research Interests and Experience
I am interested in academic library organization, administration, and governance, including status types (e.g., faculty) for academic librarians. I am interested in discourse analysis as a lens for examining academic library organization and the documents that represent that organization. I am also interested in all aspects of cataloging and metadata. My dissertation examined librarian appointment types at US research universities, including a discourse analysis of appointment documents.
Areas of interest:
- Academic libraries
- Cataloging and Metadata
- Discourse analysis
Possible PhD Thesis Topic Areas
- Academic library roles and relationships
- Current and future state of discovery of library resources
- Academic library governance
- Current and future roles for academic library technical services functions
- Academic library user experience
Representative Publications and Professional Activities
Refer to Faculty Profile and CV.