Beta Phi Mu Scholarships
Beta Phi Mu, an organization to recognize and encourage scholastic achievement among library and information studies students, offers the following scholarships and fellowships annually to students of library and information science:
- Sarah Rebecca Reed Scholarship (for beginning LIS studies at an ALA-accredited school): $2,250
- Frank B. Sessa Continuing Education Scholarship (for continuing education for a Beta Phi Mu member): $1,500
- Harold Lancour Foreign Study Scholarship (for a librarian conducting foreign research): $1,750
- Blanche E. Woolls School Media Scholarship (for beginning LIS studies with a concentration in School library Media): $2,250
- Eugene Garfield Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship (for doctoral students who are working on their dissertations in LIS and related fields): $3,000
- Beta Phi Mu also co-sponsors the Beta Phi Mu/LRRT Research Paper Award. All ALA members are eligible to submit proposals for this $500 award.
- Applications for all scholarships and fellowships are available and accepted for submission from November 15 until March 15 of the following year.
See the Beta Phi Mu Scholarships and Fellowships page for further information about each individual award.