8th Annual VCARA Conference 2017: Call for Poster Presentations
Call for Poster Presentations
8th Annual VCARA Conference 2017 – Virtual Worlds: Through Space and Time
Date: April 19, 2017 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Second Life Time (Pacific)
Location: VCARA SJSU/iSchool island
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS MARCH 31, 2017
Call for posters that focus on issues related, but not limited to, any (or combination of):
- Preserving memories through Storytelling - Storytelling for archival and documentation purposes, best practices, technologies, research, techniques, tools.
- Preserving Creativity - Documenting 3-D arts, entertainment, role playing games. Tools for documenting creativity in 3-d worlds. Research methods & ethical issues.
- Preserving Education Digital Objects - Building archival and documentation procedures into instructional design. Methodology efficacy of preservation/documentation processes. Cross disciplinary and practices.
- Preserving Complex Objects - Educational/instructional courses, simulations for educational purposes including 3-d objects, machinima, events.
Faculty & friends: This is an excellent opportunity to present and discuss your research. Completed research and research in progress will be considered.
Students & alumni: Students and alumni are highly encouraged to submit work related to their current and past courses -- this is a great opportunity to share what you have learned! Students and alumni are encouraged to propose presentations reflecting on their experiences gained in courses, the workplace, or through an internship that relate to working with digital media or in virtual environments.
Prospective employers: Presentations by prospective employers who are interested in reaching out to iSchool students. Prepare a presentation introducing your company and explaining your role in digital stewardship and knowledge dissemination in the 21st century. This is a good opportunity to provide information for prospective interns and employees.
Submission Guidelines: The submission must consist of an emailed letter stating your name(s), institutional affiliation, and contact information. Include a title, brief abstract of your work, and any other details that may be relevant.
We will provide instruction and support for presenting in the virtual environment. Most presenters use Microsoft Power Point slides and create a podcast, and we can assist in the process of uploading any materials you submit into Second Life.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS MARCH 31, 2017.
Please send submissions to:
Dr. Patricia Franks
Associate Professor and MARA Program Coordinator -- iSchool, San Jose State University
EMAIL SUBMISSIONS TO: email@example.com
For information about joining VCARA in Second Life, please refer to our VCARA for Newbies blog post. To request an orientation to Second Life and/or VCARA, please email Dr. Pat Franks (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Comments in Plain Text Only