When it comes to archives and records management, one size definitely does not fit all. Today’s archivist may work in a traditional library with books and print media, at a museum with historical documents and cultural artifacts, at a high-tech corporation managing digital content—or virtually any place in the world doing some combination of all of those tasks.
That’s why the San José State University School of Information offers not just one but two Master’s Degree programs that focus on archives and records management. The Master of Archives and Records Administration (MARA) and Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) programs are 100% online and can be customized to fit your career goals.
Master of Archives and Records Administration
- Pre-approved courses for Academy of Certified Archivists, Certified Records Analyst, and Certified Records Manager exams
- May also take electives from MLIS course offerings
Master of Library and Information Science
- Accredited by the American Library Association
- Archives and Preservation career pathway
- May also take electives from MARA course offerings
No matter where you do archives, the SJSU iSchool is the best place to build the skills you need to advance your career. You’ll gain real-world experience, build your professional network, and learn from award-winning faculty who are experts in their field.
Applications Now Being Accepted
- No GRE or GMAT test required
- Online application
- Scholarships available