Domestic Travel Requirements
If you wish to be reimbursed for iSchool related domestic travel, a Travel Authorization Request must have been obtained prior to the travel taking place. If a Travel Authorization Request was not obtained, a reimbursement claim will not be processed. The FTS Travel Authorization Request for domestic travel must be approved 30 days prior to the travel date. Because of this, the Request for Financial Assistance for Travel Form for full-time faculty and staff or the Request for Financial Assistance for Travel Form for part-time faculty must be submitted as soon as you are aware that travel will be taking place.
Note: Assembly Bill 1887 restricts San Jose State University, and its auxiliaries, from requiring employees to travel to certain states, and is prohibited from approving funding or sponsoring travel to those states. A full list of states can be found here.
- Submit the Request for Financial Assistance for Travel Form for full-time faculty and staff or the Request for Financial Assistance for Travel Form for part-time faculty.
- The Travel Coordinator will create an FTS Travel Authorization Request and inform the traveler when it is ready for them to input travel details.
- A letter of invitation, agenda, schedule, etc., must be included in all travel authorizations to substantiate the reason for travel.
- The traveler and the Travel Coordinator will work together to make sure travel details are in order.
- Traveler must submit the FTS Travel Authorization Request for approval. The Travel Authorization Request for domestic travel will be reviewed and then approved by the iSchool Director.
This process is in addition to the SJSU iSchool Travel Fund Criteria for full-time faculty and Staff.