Top Ten Activities to Bring Wellness into Our Lives
Published: August 14, 2023 by Loida Garcia-Febo, Health and Wellness Ambassador
August, which is National Wellness Month, is a time to reflect on our well-being and self-care. There are many ways of increasing our physical, mental, and emotional health. We ought to identify which ways work best for us.
The World Health Organization has stated that, ”Mental health is a state of well-being in which an individual realizes his or her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively, and is able to make a contribution to his or her community.”
The theme of the National Wellness Month encourages individuals to pursue even small acts of wellness because these can lead to a lifetime of wellness. I would like to provide a list of Top Ten Activities to Bring Wellness into Our Lives. This list comprises a compilation of resources shared on my Health and Wellness Blog since March of this year:
- Schedule lunch/stretch breaks with Pomofocus
- Connect with nature
- Support classmates and colleagues with Long Covid
- Listen to music for your well-being
- Follow practices to sleep better
- Identify strategies to cope with anxiety
- Connect with other people
- Consider using a free mental health app
- Learn about different actions for happiness
- Promote a healthy non-toxic work environment
I hope you can reflect on these activities, visit the SJSU iSchool Health and Wellness page, the SJSU page on 31 Acts of Wellness, read about Taylor Swift’s wellness routine, and start implementing your wellness activities today!
Join the SJSU iSchool’s I Choose Wellness Campaign and use the hashtag #SJSUWellness!