Start Your Application
iSchool applicants choose ONE program from the available options, by clicking on the Plus Sign in front of the program.
Note: CalVet recipients or CSU Fee Waiver recipients must first read this information (https://ischool.sjsu.edu/csu-and-calvet-fee-waivers), before selecting the program.
Under: Source > Campus, you will find:
• Library and Information Science MLIS. Choose this if you reside in the Regular Session SJSU catchment area of US Postal Zip Codes 939xx - 958xx.
Under: Source > Extended Education, you will find:
• Library and Information Science MLIS (Special Session) (Choose this if you reside outside US Postal Zip Codes 939xx - 958xx.)
• Masters in Archives and Records Administration MARA (Special Session)*
Fall 2019 MS in Informatics applicants will apply via the MARA program and in Quadrant 3 of the application will enter into the “Statement of Purpose” box: “Please redirect my application to the MS Informatics program”. After submitting the application, send an email to Dr. Linda Main, School of Information Associate Director, confirming your application for Informatics. Her email is: Linda.Main@sjsu.edu. Your application will be redirected to the MS in Informatics program.
In the following example where MARA has been selected, the selected program will turn green, indicating it has been chosen by the applicant.
Certificate applicants will choose one of the following from Source: Extended Education > San Jose Extension
• Post-Master’s Certificate in Library and Information Science (Special Session)*
• Strategic Management of Digital Assets and Services (Special Session)*
*MARA, MS Informatics and Certificate programs are only offered in special session. Open to all, regardless of geographic residence.
Credential-only applicants will choose
Source: Campus > San Jose Credential
Library Media Teacher (If you reside in the SJSU catchment area of US Postal Zip Codes 939xx - 958xx)
Source: Extended Education > Library Media Teacher Special Session (if you reside outside US Postal Zip Codes 939xx - 958xx)
*Teacher Librarian Credential Candidates are recommended to apply to MLIS rather than the Credential (http://ischool.sjsu.edu/programs/teacher-librarian/how-to-apply)