SJSU Career Services for Graduate Students
Students are encouraged to make use of the career services available to them. The San José State University Career Center offers career counseling, interviewing guides, job search tips, and several apps focused on career development.
SJSU Career Center is Open for Virtual Appointments
Career counseling appointments are currently available via Zoom and phone meetings. Please contact Carrie McKnight to schedule an appointment at email@example.com. For more information visit https://www.sjsu.edu/careercenter/students/grad-students.php
Meeting Options and Hours of Availability
- 1:1 Appointments
- By appointment, Monday-Friday, 9:00 am. – 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time
Online Career Support
- Career Assessments: http://newdev.sjsu.edu/careercenter/students/undergrads/explore-your-options.php
Job Search, Resume, & Interviewing Guides, including
links to VMock & Big Interview: http://newdev.sjsu.edu/careercenter/students/undergrads/launch-your-career.php
- Includes a guide specifically for graduate students: http://newdev.sjsu.edu/careercenter/docs/career-guides/Guide_Graduate%20Student.pdf
Career Center Apps: http://newdev.sjsu.edu/careercenter/resources/index.php
- LinkedIn Learning – Online non-credit video courses taught by industry experts in software, creative, and business skills.
- GoinGlobal – Global job postings and career support
- Biginterview – Interview practice
- Vmock – Resume feedback
- SJSU2 - Mentoring and meetups
- Focus 2 - Assess your career planning readiness, work interests and personality type.
- SJSU Handshake – Jobs targeted to SJSU students