Connect with the San José State University (SJSU) School of Information on our social media platforms. We encourage you to comment, share, and interact with SJSU iSchool students, alumni, and faculty on your favorite social media sites.
Stay connected with us on …
Looking for something to do? The SJSU iSchool Facebook events tab is full of events from conference receptions to faculty presentations to student meet-ups. You can also connect with SJSU iSchool current student and alumni groups, view updates from faculty about new online classes and curricula, stay in the know about SJSU iSchool news, and check out our photo albums. Plus, you can interact with current students, alumni, faculty, and friends of the SJSU iSchool. Post on our wall. Ask us a question. Join the conversation! Interact with us on Facebook.
Follow the SJSU School of Information on Twitter, and get the scoop on school news, events, job tips, career advice—basically all things library and information science that fit in 140 characters! We even live tweet discussions from our online webcast series and library and information science professional conferences. Follow us on Twitter.
A collage of SJSU iSchool faces awaits you on our school's Instagram account, featuring faculty, students, and alumni. Take a peek at our community of scholars, researchers, and information professionals; post your comments; and follow us on Instagram!
What interests you? Check out our pins on the SJSU iSchool Pinterest boards. We're pinning faculty bios, presentations, and publications. You can check out pins highlighting current SJSU iSchool students and alumni. Our student associations are also very active in the library and information science community, and we created a board for them, too! Get inspired. Learn something new. Follow us on Pinterest.
The School of Information at San José State University has its own channel on YouTube! View presentations by our award-winning faculty and prestigious guests, watch SJSU iSchool informational videos, and learn more about our school’s sophisticated online learning environment through video tutorials. Check out our playlists. And be sure to comment on your favorite SJSU iSchool videos! Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
Join the SJSU School of Information group on LinkedIn and connect with alumni, current students, faculty members, and colleagues. Start a discussion and hear what others are doing in the field. It's a great way to make new connections and build your network. Connect with us on LinkedIn. We also upload to SlideShare presentations our faculty members have delivered at various conferences and events.
You can also interact with SJSU iSchool faculty, staff, and students on our blogs. Our website is chock-full of information; but, if you're seeking detailed information where you can also comment and ask questions, bookmark our blogs. We blog about careers and curriculum. We blog about registration updates. Our school's faculty and students post questions and answers covered during our online open houses. Dr. Main also has an advising blog for current students. Check out the following SJSU iSchool blog sites:
- Curriculum Center Blog – This blog is managed by Associate Director Dr. Linda Main and discusses curriculum developments, such as new courses, schedules, and important registration news and updates.
- Career Blog – A must-read for job seekers, this blog covers career resources and shares job hunt tips.
- Virtual Center for Archives and Records Administration (VCARA) Blog – Information about virtual world events sponsored by VCARA on iSchool Island in Second Life is posted to this blog managed by Dr. Patricia Franks.
- Archives & Records Administration Blog – This blog is intended for prospective and current Master of Archives and Records Administration (MARA) students, MARA faculty, and all colleagues interested in Archives, Records Administration, Information Governance, and related fields. This blog is managed by Dr. Patricia Franks.
- iStudent Blog – This blog is designed for our current students, as well as applicants to our school’s graduate programs. A current student hosts the blog and provides information and advice for students, including posts about new courses, careers, online learning, and financial aid.
- Center for Information Research and Innovation (CIRI) Blog – SJSU iSchool faculty post on a variety of topics concerning their research projects.
You may also want to subscribe to the RSS feeds of the SJSU School of Information.