With the HoloLens 2 augmented reality headset, libraries can create captivating interactive exhibits, seamlessly overlay real-time information, and elevate learning experiences by blending digital content with the physical library environment.
The HoloLens 2 is an augmented reality (AR) headset that combines cameras, sensors, and a user-friendly interface to overlay digital holograms onto the user’s real-world environment. It replaces traditional controllers with intuitive hand gestures, allowing users to seamlessly interact with virtual objects and information in an immersive augmented reality experience.
- Virtual Tours: The HoloLens 2 can provide virtual tours of libraries, allowing users to explore different sections and collections virtually.
- Interactive Storytelling: Libraries can use the HoloLens 2 to create immersive storytelling experiences. Imagine children’s storytime sessions where holographic characters come to life, enhancing the narrative and engaging young readers. Patrons can also become part of the story, interacting with holographic elements and participating in the narrative.
- Augmented Reality Research: The HoloLens 2 can revolutionize the way patrons conduct research. Users can wear the device and have relevant information displayed as holograms in their field of view. This AR experience can provide real-time annotations, translations, or additional multimedia content related to the books or documents being viewed.
- Collaborative Learning: Libraries can foster collaborative learning environments using the HoloLens 2. Patrons can wear the device and engage in shared holographic experiences, such as group discussions, virtual study groups, or interactive workshops. The HoloLens 2 can enable seamless collaboration by allowing users to see and interact with shared holographic content.
- Accessibility Support: The HoloLens 2 has the potential as an accessibility tool in libraries. Patrons with visual impairments can utilize the device to have text read aloud, enabling them to navigate and engage with library resources independently. Libraries can also provide sign language interpretation through holographic avatars for deaf or hard-of-hearing patrons.
By embracing emerging technologies like the HoloLens 2, libraries can provide unique and enriching experiences for their patrons, fostering a love for learning and exploration in the digital age.
- See-through holographic lenses
- 2K resolution
Audio and Speech
- Microphone array: 5 channels
- Built-in spatial sound
- USB Type-C
- Single size
- Fits over glasses
- Weight: 566g
- Windows Holographic Operating System
- Microsoft Edge
- 2-3 hours of active use
- USB-PD for fast charging
- Hand tracking
- Eye tracking
- Voice commands
- Spatial mapping